7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest
- Best Image about #vinocatalán on social media or in online publications.
- Best Video about #vinocatalán on social media or in online publications.
- Best Text about #vinocatalán on social media or in online publications.
- Best Online Influencer about #vinocatalán.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Purpose of the Contest
Denominación de Origen (DO) Catalunya [Catalonia Denomination of Origin] is organising the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly, BlocDOCat) to recognise and reward private online initiatives aimed at communicating the values of wine culture and Catalan wine in particular. DO Catalunya adopts a creative and innovative approach to the wine sector. With that in mind, it wishes to recognise the online spaces that exist for reflection, communication, opinion exchange, assessment and tastings related to Catalan wines, a tool we believe is important and that provides a valuable showcase for communicating wine culture, especially in Catalonia.
Throughout the more than 14-year history of the BlocDOCat Contest, the world of communication has undergone some major changes: new media and channels have emerged while others have lost significance and/or presence.
This year has also brought the exceptional circumstances stemming from the global COVID-19 pandemic, leading to an increase in digital content and its consumption. The wine sector has not escaped these trends. The use of remote tools and the emergence and consolidation of new social media has once again highlighted the need to innovate and adapt to new languages and channels, and the power of image. The modern transmedia concept forms an intrinsic part of most professional and non-professional media. It is precisely that effort to mainstream the communication of wine culture that this contest seeks to emphasise.
DO Catalunya has also always been focused on exports and the international market. As a result, there are no categories in this 7th edition of the contest that are based on the origin or location of participants. Anyone in any country can enter the contest in any of the four categories, provided that they meet the requirements for each one in these terms and conditions. Finally, DO Catalunya will issue DWC prizes (7th edition of the contest formerly known as BlocDOCat) in four categories:
- Category of ‘Best Image about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’ with a first prize worth € 1,500(1).
- Category of ‘Best Video about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’ with a first prize worth € 1,500(1).
- Category of ‘Best Text about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’ with a first prize worth € 1,500(1).
- Category of ‘Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’ with a first prize worth € 2,000(1).
(1) Prize subject to current tax withholdings.
General Requirements for Participation, Technical Terms and Conditions, and Content for the Categories of Image, Video and Text.
- Any image/video/text dedicated to the world of wine and wine-making published on social media will be eligible to enter the contest, provided they are entered between 3 December 2020 and 25 January 2021 (both inclusive).
- The authors of the images/videos/texts must complete the form for the corresponding contest category to participate in the contest. These forms are available at www.docat.cat
- The permitted languages for the contest are: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- The images/videos/texts entered into the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly BlocDOCat) in each of the categories must be of a communicative nature – personal or journalistic – and not of a commercial/advertising, business and/or corporate nature under any circumstances; i.e. they cannot have been produced to order for a commercial brand. However, no consideration will be made of whether or not the social media channel on which it was published contains other promotional content.
- All images/videos/texts entered into the contest must be published or shared on social media, tagging DO Catalunya and adding the hashtag #DWCDOCat. Similarly, participating images/videos/texts may have a creation date prior to the announcement of this contest but they must be re-published during the period for entry defined in these terms and conditions.
- The author/user of the social medium or media on which the participating image or video is published/shared must have their corresponding profile set to public in order to make participation visible. Any profiles that are entered must also be set to public.
- The content of participating images/videos/texts must be dedicated to the communication of any aspect or field related to Catalan wine and wine-making culture (production, manufacture, tastings, gastronomy, art, etc.). The panel of judges will consider content specifically dedicated to the Catalonia Denomination of Origin especially highly.
- Participants will be able to publish their participation and make use of the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly BlocDOCat) logos on their profiles.
- A publication entered into the DWC DOCat contest may only be entered in a single category (image/video/text).
- A single author may enter more than one category.
- Any image/video/text containing ties to sponsorship and/or promotional activity by DO Catalunya will be excluded.
- Technical criteria to be considered:
- Content and communication about all aspects of the world of Catalan wine.
- Content that promotes wines with designation of origin and the consumption of wine.
- The creativity and quality of the graphical/aesthetic approach.
- Priority will be given to content of general interest over content related to specific brands.
- Entries should generate a visual impression of credibility, authority and veracity through the design, presentation and public identification of individuals or groups, without concealing or hiding identities.
- Maximum participation and debate by other users, encouraging the use of social media to share the content of the images/videos/texts on social media.
- Entries should be pertinent and appropriate, in line with or applicable to the topic portrayed. It is not a question of talking about everything but rather dialling in on specific issues.
- Originality: unique, idiosyncratic, not redundant or usually not found with this degree of complexity in other information resources.
- Entries should be covetous; researching, exploring, accumulating and storing all known information for it to be made available to the participating image/video/text, distinguishing what is useful and interesting for the audience, and with a capacity for synthesis that uses quotes (with permission from the sources whenever necessary), links and other forms of communication whenever necessary.
- Entries should be direct and rectilinear – get straight to the heart of the matter – with no drawn-out justifications or content used as filler, leading the audience directly to the sources of most interest, authority and credibility.
- Entries should show content that reflects the objectives and needs of the audience. It is important to ensure that the objectives for the images/videos/texts and the needs of the audience are understood and clear in the definition.
Specifications per Category
‘Best Image about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’
The photographs entered must be owned by the corresponding participant. Photographic montages (mosaics, etc.) will be excluded from the contest. At least one of the following platforms (with the hashtags established by the terms and conditions) and the following formats must be used: o Facebooko Twittero Instagram * Value will be given to the creativity, originality, quality and technical criteria detailed in the section entitled ‘Technical criteria to be considered’.
‘Best Video about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’
Videos lasting less than 10 minutes published on at least one of the following platforms (with the hashtags established by the terms and conditions) may be entered: o Facebooko Twittero Instagramo YouTube * Value will be given to the creativity, originality, quality and technical criteria detailed in the section entitled ‘Technical criteria to be considered’.
‘Best Text about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture’
Texts published/shared on at least one of the following platforms (with the hashtags established by the terms and conditions) may be entered: o Facebooko Twittero Instagram * Value will be given to the creativity, originality, quality and technical criteria detailed in the section entitled ‘Technical criteria to be considered’.
Photography, video and text rights: DO Catalunya reserves the (non-exclusive) right to reproduce in digital and its own promotional media, provided such action is linked to the contest (in this or future editions), and to freely display any of the images entered into the contest, as well as those receiving prizes. Under no circumstances will they be shared with third parties without express authorisation from the author. Participants assume liability for the lack of third-party rights over their entries. In turn, DO Catalunya undertakes to indicate the name of the author each time their image is reproduced.
General Requirements for Participation, Technical Terms and Conditions, and Content for the Category: Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and Wine-making Culture.
- All those social media user profiles that act as influencers for the culture and quality of Catalan wine in the broadest sense may participate.
- The period for submitting entries will run between 3 December 2020 and 1 February 2021 (both inclusive).- Entries must be formalised by completing the form corresponding to the category in which participation is sought. The forms can be found at www.docat.cat/es/digital-wine-contest/
- Anyone may propose a candidate or candidates using this form, not only the author(s).
- DO Catalunya will notify the influencer(s) proposed by third parties of their entry so they may express consent before the period of popular voting for their category begins.
- DO Catalunya reserves the right to include any profile it deems of interest in this category.
- The permitted languages in the category of Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture in this contest are: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- The influencers entered for this prize must have their corresponding profile set to public in order to make their participation visible to all users.
- The content of the profile must be mostly dedicated to the communication of all aspects and fields related to Catalan wine and wine-making culture (production, manufacture, tastings, gastronomy, art, etc.).
- Participation in the contest may be published and use made of the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly BlocDOCat) logos on the profiles entered.
- Authors entered in this category may simultaneously enter any of the other categories in the contest.
The winner will be announced at the award ceremony for the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly BlocDOCat), which will take place in February. Due to the current health situation, it cannot be confirmed at this time whether the ceremony will take place physically or remotely. At any event, the organisers will publish the date and time for the presentation of awards on its usual channels (website and social media), and will notify all those who entered by e-mail.
The entry forms for all categories of the 7th DO Catalunya Digital Wine Contest (formerly BlocDOCat) – available at www.docat.cat/en – must be completed: via the forms section of the website at www.docat.cat/en/digital-wine-contest/.
Voting and Rules
One of the main changes in this edition is the process for selecting the winners in the different categories. Although a professional panel will still issue a decision for the first three categories, only 50% of the result will be decided by said panel while the remaining 50% will be decided by a popular vote on the website at www.docat.cat.
After all entries have been received in all categories and the voting period begins, the category of Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture will be decided entirely by popular vote.
Panel and Rules
A) Categories of Image, Video and Text
- The period for submitting entries will run between 3 December 2020 and 25 January 2021 (both inclusive).
- From 26 January to 1 February (both inclusive), a popular vote will be organised to produce 8 of the 10 finalists in each category.
- The independent and multi-disciplinary panel of judges for the contest will reserve the right to add 2 finalists (up to a total of 10) in each category due to technical reasons if deemed necessary.
- From 2 to 15 February (both inclusive), a final period of popular voting will take place to choose the best in each category from among the 8 or maximum 10 finalists.
- The panel of judges may also award up to 2 special mentions per category. The panel’s decision is final.
- If a possible anomaly or fraud is detected, the organisers reserve the right to withdraw any participant from the contest.
B) Category of: Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture
- The period for submitting entries will run between 3 December 2020 and 1 February 2021 (both inclusive).
- For entries submitted by third parties, the organisers will confirm with the influencers their desire to enter the competition.
- The popular vote to choose the Best Influencer about #vinocatalán and wine-making culture will run from 2 to 15 February 2021 (both inclusive).
- There will be one winner in each of the categories. Prizes worth € 1,500 (1) for the categories of images/videos/texts and € 2,000 (1) for the category of Best Influencer.
- The winning material and those receiving a special mention will be published on the website of DO Catalunya at www.docat.cat, web blog, corporate Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, as well as communicated in the media.
- The panel may award up to 2 special mentions per category, which will receive a set of DO Catalunya wines and a dinner/pairing for two people with Catalan denomination of origin wine. The restaurant will be selected by DO Catalunya and will be a member of the ‘A mesa, vino catalán’ group promoted by DO Catalunya. In the event of another shut-down in the hospitality industry, delivery options or other alternatives will be proposed.
- The special mentions may be abandoned if the panel deems it fit to do so.
- The prizes will be awarded subject to the tax withholdings provided for by current legislation.
- DO Catalunya will publish the list of participants on its website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The winners and the images/videos/texts* that receive special mentions from the panel (as the case may be) will also be promoted on social media.
- In the event that a physical award ceremony can be held, the protocols to be followed and the maximum permitted event capacity will be announced. Participation in this contest implies acceptance of these terms and conditions and the panel’s decision. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may haveMore information and entries at www.docat.cat
Data ProtectionPursuant to the provisions of Spanish Constitutional Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on Personal Data Protection, its developing regulations and the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform you that all the data provided will be included in an automated file on customers held by CRDO CATALUNYA and will be processed under the strictest levels of confidentiality for the purpose of sending you offers on products and services that may be of interest to you. Hence, the data subject consents and authorises CRDO CATALUNYA to send offers or information by SMS, e-mail or other equivalent electronic means and standard mail in accordance with the provisions of Spanish Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Services of the Information Society and e-Commerce. Similarly, the data subject consents and authorises CRDO CATALUNYA to keep the data provided and maintain their data following termination of the contractual relationship for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations and to enable receipt of advertising information and commercial offers until such time as said consent is expressly withdrawn. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, opposition, limitation and portability by writing to CRDO CATALUNYA at Edificio de la estación Enológica, Paseo Sunyer, nº 4-6, 1er C.P. 43202 Reus (Tarragona) or sending an e-mail to email@example.com